Call Now to Schedule: 1-844-646-SPOT (7768)
Dentistry for Kids & Orthodontics
The Smile Spot COVID-19 Update
To all of our Smile Spot Patients,
We are currently hoping to reopen the office with updated procedures by June 1st, however, we are working to see all patients via teledental appointments to assess appointment priority. Although we haven’t seen you in a while at The Smile Spot, we have been hard at work over the last month doing a lot of behind the scenes work to make sure we keep you safe upon your return to our office. We have done countless hours of research and continuing education in order to stay abreast of the current recommendations and guidelines issued by the CDC and the ADA regarding COVID-19. Many of the infection control guidelines have already been in place at The Smile Spot; others will be new in order to keep us all as safe as possible. Our top priority has always been the wellbeing and safety of our patients, our team, and our community - now more so than ever!
We have already been doing the following things to keep you safe:
• Sterilization of instruments after each use
• Disinfection of operatory surfaces following each patient
• Use of PPE by all team members for every procedure - including gloves, masks, glasses and gowns
• Regular handwashing before and after putting gloves on and removing them
• High volume suction used for surgical procedures
• Pre-procedural antimicrobial rinse for each patient
• Comprehensive medical history review for every patient
• Cleaning of the entire office at the end of each day
We are implementing the following new or upgraded policies to keep you safe:
• Video Monitoring- the ability to meet with your care provider via video from the comfort of your own home
• In-office air filtration system
• Pre-appointment patient screening - all patients will be asked questions about any recent illnesses to prevent sick patients from coming to the office
• Daily temperature screening - team members will have their temperature taken daily
• Virtual/curbside waiting room - call when you arrive to be checked in; then we will text or call you back when it is your turn
• Restriction of patient guests - patients will be asked to come to their appointments alone - only essential family members (i.e. parent/guardian for a minor or special-needs patient), translators, etc. will be permitted. All other guests will be asked to wait in their car
• Touchless temperature screening upon arrival - every patient who enters will have their temperature screened
• Hand sanitizing stations throughout the office - every patient will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the office
• Each patient will also rinse with a hydrogen peroxide rinse which has been shown effective against the COVID-19 virus in a patient’s mouth
• Additional Clinician PPE - every clinician will use either an N95 or Level 3 surgical mask, a face shield, a scrub cap and a PPE gown for every procedure, which will be discarded and replaced or disinfected between every patient
• Contactless payments - patients will no longer need to hand their credit cards to our admin team for copay/fee processing. You can pre-pay via phone or online on our website.
Guidelines and recommendations are ever-changing as new information about this virus continues to become known. Rest assured, we are on it and we will be ready to hit the ground running when the time comes! We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Our doctors and team members remain available to assist you and are available to answer any questions you might have.
Visit the CDC's website at CDC.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ for the most current information.